We are looking for a passionate, experienced, hands-on UI Designer to join our team in creating engaging user experiences and to boldly go with us on our upcoming adventures!
As a world-class product creator company, we put the design process for all the things we’re doing high on the list. Even though design is a part of every part of the development process, we know that we need design specialists to guide all of us toward great and successful products.
We are now building a dedicated design department with a focus on overall product experience, internal education, brand positioning and a lot more.
We are looking for those people who are aware that design is more than aesthetics and shiny pixels on the screen – for someone who possesses exceptional user experience focused design thinking and who shares our passion for beautiful design and making a positive impact.
Are we hunting for unicorns? Since our hiring process is very specific, it is often required for the design candidate to be able to demonstrate a broader area of design expertise. We are a fast-on-our-feet, adaptive and down-to-earth organization and we look for the same from all of our employees.
As you probably had noticed, we aren’t looking for “UX /& UI Designer” since we are aware that each of those roles deserve special attention. Good User Interface Designer will always have User experience and UX Design process in mind. We expect that from all of our team members, not just designers.
AS A MEMBER OF THE TEAM, YOU WILL:
Be working on a range of premium and experimental products that company is developing mainly for the global market. The biggest focus will be on our ManageWP product, but since Devana Labs is coming very soon, we have a lot of other projects in the pipeline.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and shows self-starter product design initiatives, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. You’ll be responsible for user interface design definition, direction and execution.
That means you may spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone.
Beside Product UI Design work, you will be included in other aspects of design like designing websites / one pagers, marketing materials, supporting existing projects with your design skills.
We’re constantly building our company library and so there are plenty of books, magazines and other resources to keep you fresh.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing user interfaces and creating engaging experiences.
- Portfolio showcase which doesn’t only include nice mockups of your user interface designs, but also description of the process and the work you’ve done.
- Understanding of a UX Design as a broader process which includes multi-disciplinary team members.
- Expertise in creating information architecture, user flows and overall visual design for products and services.
- The ability to communicate with various departments and team members, as well as explain, track and analyse your design decisions.
- Instinctively understanding of what makes something intuitive and easy to use.
- Instant feeling and needed skills for uncluttered, clean, refined and focused approach to user interface design.
- Strong conceptualization and visual communication ability, packed up with basic drawing skills.
- Understanding of user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting (and giving) feedback and constructive criticism from other team members, as well as our customers.
- Experience in widespread design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator, but we don’t settle for just a once tool to fit all the needs. Hope you heard about Sketch, InVision and more.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
Surprise us with:
- Real life experience in full cycle product design and development.
- Understanding of research and usability studies.
- Creating and implementing design style guidelines.
- Sketching interface, user flows and interactions quickly on the whiteboard / piece of the paper.
- Website you’re looking at have a lot of place for improvements. Feel free to suggest something.
- An awesome project you’ve worked on.
Want to work here or work with me? Apply by going to devana.rs/careers and follow the instructions.